of Polski Koncern Naftowy ORLEN S.A.’s Future Fuelled by Knowledge Website
Section 1 PRELIMINARY PROVISIONS
a. “Owner” means Polski Koncern Naftowy ORLEN Spółka Akcyjna (“PKN ORLEN S.A.”), with its registered office at ul. Chemików 7, 09-411 Płock, Poland, entered in the business register of the National Court Register, maintained by the District Court for the Capital City of Warsaw, 14th Commercial Division of the National Court Register, under entry No. KRS 0000028860, Tax Identification Number (NIP): 774-00-01-454, with a share capital/paid-up capital of PLN 534,636,326.25,
c. “Website” means PKN ORLEN’s Future Fuelled by Knowledge website available at http://napedzamyprzyszlosc.pl/ in the Polish language and at http://ffbk.orlen.com/ in the English language, containing information about PKN ORLEN S.A. and the ORLEN Group;
d. “Users” mean persons visiting the Website;
e. “Newsletter” means an electronic report containing the latest news in User-selected categories (events, multimedia, publications, blog, opinions), prepared by the Owner and sent to persons registered on the Website;
f. “Registration” means a User’s voluntary and free-of-charge registration for the Newsletter on the Website;
g. “Administrator” means an employee or employees of the PKN ORLEN Corporate Image Team who can be contacted by using a form available on the Website or via email@example.com.
Section 2 USE OF THE WEBSITE
2. Access to the Website and the use of data and information contained on the Website is free of charge.
3. Access to the Website is in no way limited by time or territory.
4. In the event of any disruption or temporary inaccessibility of the Website caused by force majeure, hardware failure or unauthorised acts of third parties, the Owner will make every effort to restore the accessibility of the Website as soon as practically possible.
5. The Website contains data and information about the Owner’s and the Owner Group companies’ activities as well as events organised by them.
7. The Registration process consists of the following steps:
a. Using the form available on the Website, a User enters their email address and specifies the categories of information they want to receive.
c. The User gives consent to the processing of their personal data referred to in letter a above exclusively for the purposes of receiving the Newsletter.
d. Following successful completion of the steps referred to in letters a to c above and upon approval of the submitted form by the Administrator, the User receives an email notification of successful registration.
9. Users may unsubscribe from the Newsletter, change the category of information they want to receive and correct or change the data they have provided via the Website at https://napedzamyprzyszlosc.pl/newsletter.
10. The Owner represents that (unless otherwise indicated upon publication of given content) it holds intellectual property rights with respect to the Website, including all materials contained therein, in particular the Website’s graphic design, its structure, the software on which the Website is based, and all the Owner’s company logos and trademarks used on the Website, which are protected under the Act on Copyright and Neighbouring Rights of February 4th 1994 (consolidated text: Dz.U. of 2017, item 880) (“Copyright Law”), the Fair Trading Act of April 16th 1993 (consolidated text: Dz.U. of 2018, item 419), the Industrial Property Right Act of June 30th 2000 (consolidated text: Dz.U. of 2017, item 776) as well as European Union laws and international agreements binding on Poland.
11. The Owner authorises the use of data and information gathered and published on the Website, including in the Newsletter, for information purposes only.
12. Without the Owner’s prior written consent, Users are not entitled to use the data and information gathered and published on the Website for any purposes other than specified in Section 2.11 above, including in particular for marketing or promoting a User’s or a third party’s business, products or services.
13. Any use of data or information gathered on the Website for purposes other than those specified in Section 2.11 above will require the Owner’s prior consent. A request for such consent may be submitted using the contact form available on the Website or via an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
14. Any complaints about the functioning of the Website may be reported using the relevant contact form on the Website, or directly to the address email@example.com. The Owner will respond to such a complaint by email no later than within 14 days of the receipt of the complaint.
Section 3 INFORMATION CLAUSE
1. Polski Koncern Naftowy ORLEN S.A., with its registered office at ul. Chemików 7 in Płock, Poland, is the data controller of Users’ personal data provided during the Registration and complaint filing process. The PKN ORLEN S.A. contact telephone numbers are: (24) 256 00 00, (24) 365 00 00, (22) 778 00 00.
2. The Data Protection Officer at PKN ORLEN S.A. can be contacted via the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Users’ personal data is processed for the purposes of delivery of the Newsletter, enforcement of and defence against claims as well as complaint handling.
4. The legal basis for processing a User’s personal data for the purpose of receiving the Newsletter will be the User’s consent for the processing of their personal data, and for the purposes of complaint handling as well as enforcement of and defence against claims – the controller’s legitimate interest.
5. A User’s personal data will be processed as long as the User uses the Website and until the limitation period for mutual claims has expired.
6. A User’s personal data may be disclosed by PKN ORLEN S.A. to entities cooperating with it in maintaining the Website (data recipients), based on data processing agreements, in accordance with the applicable personal data protection laws. Such data recipients may include in particular providers of accounting, archiving, postal and courier services.
7. A User has the right to access their personal data, to have the data rectified (for instance, if it is incorrect or incomplete) or deleted or have its processing restricted, as well as the right to object to the processing of the data, the right to transfer the data to another controller and – where the User’s has granted its consent to the processing of their data – the right to withdraw the consent at any time without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
8. Users have the right to bring a complaint to the Data Protection Authority.